Opportunities for employers, alumni, parents, and friends to engage and recruit at The Catholic University of America are still available amid the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Below is an overview of programs and initiatives designed by the Center for Academic and Career Success to support the career development of our students and recent graduates.
Cardinal Virtual Job Shadowing Program
The virtual job shadowing program gives students the opportunity to participate in a micro-internship job shadowing experience. Through this program, participating Employers and Alumni have the ability to engage with students through online platforms such as Zoom, Google Hangouts and Window’s Meets, etc., by…
- allowing students to shadow business meetings
- assigning short-term projects
- facilitating virtual Q&A discussions feat various employees from the organization
To be partnered with a student or group of students, please complete this form
If you're a student interested in applying, please submit your application here
Hire a Cardinal
Hire A Cardinal is a resume collection program for students who are still seeking jobs and
- Students that are still seeking a career opportunity can submit their resume to our "Still Seeking” resume portals accessible through our website or on Handshake.
- As we receive and research opportunities, a digital resume zip files will be submitted to employers who are interested in recruiting from a particular major or skillset.
- Students who have submitted their resumes to the internship, job, or graduate student “Still Seeking” portals will receive a notification via email each time their resume is sent to requesting employers.
- Faculty, staff, and alumni who aware of employment opportunities are encouraged to promote and take advantage of this resource.
Again, access to the digital resume zip files will be available for employers who submit job opportunities and participate in the program.
Sign up to participate as an employer/alum here
Follow this link for more information.
Micro Experience ProgramThe CACS Micro Experience Program allows for students to gain project-based experience with Catholic University of America Alumni. Students who submit their resumes to the interest portal will be connected with approved Alumni and assist the Alumnus in completing small projects related to the industry the student is hoping to pursue.
Post A Position
Virtual Information Sessions
If you have job, internship, fellowship, or other professional development and career opportunities open with your organization, request to host a virtual information session with us by following this link
Virtual information sessions give you the ability to connect with and recruit students for your programs. These sessions typically last one hour in length and can take place on various online platforms. Students can bring their lunch, ask questions, and submit their resumes at the beginning or end of the session.
Virtual Interviewing Opportunities
If you would like to offer a career opportunity to Catholic University of America students, the CACS Employer Relations team will facilitate your job description and application process through Handshake and Faculty/Staff in order to collect resumes.
After you have selected your candidates, the Employer Relations team can work with you to set up virtual interviewing appointments with the CUA students you have selected.
Sign up to participate here
2020 Virtual Summer Fair (June 29-June 2)
Thank you for attending our fair!
The Catholic University hosted a virtual summer career fair on June 29-July 2 helping students jumpstart their career during these unprecedented times. Check the list below for a list of employers we partnered with.
List of Attending Employers
- Hillsdale College
- Northwestern Mutual
- So Others May Eat
- Robert Half
- Goodwill Corporate
- Montgomery County Police Dept
- American Enterprise Institute AEI
- Awesome Travel
- The Children's Guild
- Make A Wish Foundation Mid Atlantic Region
- DC Homeland Security Administration
- RMA Associates
- Lifeway Christian Resources
- Davis Construction
- ROCS Grad Staffing
Senior Politics major met her future employer, John Moriarty and Associates, at the Fall Career Fair. She attributes her success to the help offered by CACS and found the mock interviewing and networking nights valuable.