The Catholic University of America's Center for Academic and Career Success offers two forums for posting positions which are accessible by all students. However, the type of position dictates where the position should be posted. There is no cost to post any positions with our university.
Internships, Volunteer, and Full-Time Career Opportunities
Positions which require the pursuit or attainment of at least an undergraduate degree may be posted in Handshake, our online job board. All postings are reviewed within two business days (excluding weekends and university holidays).
Local, Part-Time, and Temporary Opportunities
Positions which do not require the pursuit or attainment of at least an undergraduate degree are posted on our office's designated webpage. These positions tend to be opportunities which are based in home offices/private residences, personal service positions (tutor, dog walker, etc), and/or non-management retail or restaurant positions.
Please submit position information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internship Posting Information
Any internship posted with our office must follow all United States Depatment of Labor FLSA Guidelines. Posting an internship in Handshake serves as verification that you have read and will abide by these guidelines.
Unpaid For-credit Internship Opportunities:
Opportunities that are offered for academic credit can only be posted until the last students can drop or add a class for that semester.
Last Day To Post
Term For-Credit Internship
Fall 2018 September 7, 2018
Spring 2019 January 25, 2019
While there is no limit to the number of internships that an organization can post, the Center for Academic and Career Success limits the term of internship postings. No postings can remain active beyond a single recruiting season (Spring, Summer, Fall). The major advantage for the applications will help keep the opportunity in the front of the search results as well as clearly indicating for potential applicants the season for which they are applying.
Center for Academic and Career Success reserves the final right to determine which postings are appropriate for inclusion in its database of listings. We do not accept postings from the following:
1. Third party recruiters or staffing agencies, unless the position is within the company's office or has been disclosed to the Employers Relation Team.
2. Employers offering full-time positions listed with a rate of pay lower than minimum wage (internships may be non-paid or compensated with a stipend).
3. Employers offering internships that do not provide a learning environment supported by supervision for their interns.
4. As a private and Catholic institution, The Catholic University of America reserves the right to post opportunities at its discretion.
Employer accounts must be linked to a professional e-mail address, preferably one that directly reflects the name of the organization (such as @cua.edu). Use of a personal e-mail system (such as yahoo and g-mail) for an organization must be approved in advance with the Center for Academic and Career Success or the opportunity may not be posted.
1. All employers are expected to abide by the non-discrimination policy of The Catholic University of America.