Utilize the following resources to access information about supervisor responsibilities, student employment processes, and required training for both supervisors and students.

What is the 25% Office Match?

Departments are responsible for 25% of the total money earned by work-study students; the remaining 75% is covered by federal funding. Offices must create a budget that reflects their ability to pay the 25%.

Example A (single student):
If your student earns $ 2,000, your office is responsible for $500; the remaining $1500 comes from work-study funds.

Example B (multiple students):
If your students earn a total of $10,000, your office is responsible for $2,500, and the remaining $7,500 is paid with work-study funds. 

Micro Jobs

A graduate student worker program geared toward promoting short-term non-work-study or “micro-jobs”. These micro-jobs are defined as short-term projects totaling approximately 60 hours’ worth of work that allow graduate students to earn up to $1,000, which CACS (supported by the University) will pay 100%. After the $1,000 has been earned, the office has the option to terminate or transfer the student to their part-time payroll and will then be responsible for 100% of the student's pay. 
Participating Graduate students are identified and hired by CACS and complete mandatory training to familiarize themselves with the university and strengthen customer service skills.  The minimum hourly rate for these positions will be $15/hr.  Supervisors can hire more than one graduate student to work on the same project, and the $1,000 University funding will apply individually to all of these students. Traditional non-work-study positions that are not micro-jobs (i.e., intended to last more than $1,000 in earnings) are not eligible for this program. If you have any questions about micro-jobs, or if you are unsure if a project would be a good fit, please contact cua-microjobs@cua.edu for more information.


Work Study Training

All supervisors of work-study students are required to complete training each year.  This year's training is virtual/video. Please contact our office, at x6262 or email cua-workstudy@cua.edu, for assistance.

Student Employment Week

Each year, during Catholic U's Student Employment Week, we honor those students who excel as student employees.  One graduate student and one undergraduate student are chosen annually based on their exceptional contributions to the office or department in which he or she works. Student employee nominations are submitted by their supervisors and are evaluated and ranked by a committee of readers on the following criteria: reliability, quality of work, initiative, and creativity.  These awards are then presented during the Cardinal Leadership Celebration in April.