To make an appointment log in with your cardinal credentials here. Once at your student home page, click on the blue "get assistance" button in the upper right corner of the page. You will then need to answer several questions:
- What type of appointment would you like to schedule? Academic Support
- Please select the type of support you need: Writing Center Appointment
- Please select a service: Choose from the given options, the one that best describes your writing project.
- What location do you prefer? Mullen Library
- Who would you like to meet with? Choose one or more tutors to view their availability or leave blank to view all the tutors' availability.
After you've answered the above questions you will be redirected to a calendar view of the available appointments. Select the time that works best for you. When you confirm your appointment, please indicate in the comment box a brief description of the writing project, which course it is for, and what you would like to focus on in the session.
Be aware that canceling the appointment on the day of, will mark you as a "no-show" for the appointment. After two no-shows, you will be unable to schedule further appointments until your advisor unblocks your account.
We do welcome walk-in appointments on a first-come, first-served basis, as instructor availability allows.
Note: Due to very high demand for Writing Center appointments, we advise you to schedule sessions in advance. If the schedule is full, the only way that we can accommodate additional meetings is if some individuals cancel their appointments; we do not schedule additional sessions outside of our regular schedule.
Out of consideration for your colleagues, please do not make multiple "safety" appointments and please refrain from cancelling appointments on short notice whenever possible.
Please email the Writing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-319-4286 with questions about appointments.