A joint initiative of the University Writing Center and the Graduate Student Association, the Annual Summer Dissertation Boot Camp at CUA is designed as a unique opportunity for Ph.D. candidates to make progress on their work, to build community with fellow dissertators, and to reflect on productivity and long-term project goals.
The Dissertation Boot Camp will return in Summer of 2021. A date will be announced by mid-spring semester. Look for a notice on applications through the GSA listserv in April.
What we provide:
- A quiet space and a week to work
- A proven daily writing schedule
- A community of peer scholars
- Lunch talks with guest speakers
- An optimistic, motivating atmosphere
- Discussion of work habits and productivity skills
- Writing Center consultations and advice as needed
- Caffeine and breakfast daily
Previous attendees rave:
“the boot camp is the reason I’m close to a complete dissertation!”
"[a] life changing experience”
“I'm not sure I would be defending in two weeks without the Boot Camp.”
Attendees will be asked to pay a $50 deposit; deposits will be refunded upon completion of the boot camp. Information about deposits will be sent to successful applicants.
For questions and inquiries about this year's camp, please email the Writing Center Director, Dr. Kevin Rulo (firstname.lastname@example.org) .